Day 07 — The worst thing that could happen to me is…
Okaaay… so maybe I should have read the topics ahead of time before endeavoring in this particular meme because I don’t really like this one.
I think I understand the “point” of the question… when one thinks of a horrible thing that they’re currently NOT experiencing, one can’t help but be grateful for their good fortune by default. For instance, I’m terrified of bees – wow, how awesome is it that I’m not getting stung by bees right now! See, it’s so easy to be grateful when your other option is horrible!
Nah, I don’t really want to think about the worst thing that could happen to me – it makes me go to dark places and I can’t help but start thinking about brain tumors and death or sitting through another episode of Mob Wives. It’s just too terrible for words.
Bad things happen all the time – we go broke, lose loved ones, get sick, become incapacitated, our hearts get broken… And still, no matter how bad your life is, it can ALWAYS be worse – and isn’t that great?! Hello? Hellloooo?
Actually, it is great. No matter how much we’re struggling or hurting, it’s important to take stock of whatever good fortunes you may have. No matter how down I ever get, I’m ever aware that I’m an exceedingly lucky girl if only for some basics…
- Lucky to have my eyes, my ears, my voice - I have color and music and a way to express myself.
- Lucky to have my limbs – I can dance like a fool, pet my dog and write a silly blog.
- Lucky to have a roof over my head – or else I’d be knocking at your door with runny mascara.
- Lucky to have a little change in my pocket for the vending machine.
- Lucky to still have people who love me when sometimes I’m not very lovable.
And being cognizant of these blessings is a wonderful thing… so I guess…
the worst thing that could ever happen to me?